Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

It's 12:09 and I haven't yet looked at what I got.  There is no special reason why I haven't gone and unwrapped my presents.  I'm usually unenthusiastic about holidays, so I generally avoid all the traditions.  The only tradition I like which we didn't celebrate correctly this year is getting the tree.  

The two previous Christmases we scrambled to get the tree.  We'd put it off until Christmas Eve, at night and drive from tree place to tree place hoping to find one open.  My dad gets angry and we all poke fun at him (my dad is always angry).  This year we got the tree with little difficulty early... Oh Well.

Anyway I asked for 2 pairs of shoes, one for running one for, "walking around" as I described it, and a belt.  Other than those things I have no idea what to expect.  I would be content with just receiving them since I am an aspiring minimalist.  I'm too lazy to put in the effort to sell off my stuff, therefore I can only claim to be an aspiring minimalist.

I think life is easier when you own less things.  There is less to worry about.  And everything looks cleaner.  Your room cannot be messy if you don't have anything in it.


Last night we went to a Christmas party my mom and dad and I.  It about 5-10 old people (50s-60s) and me.  I drank a little and participated a bit in the conversation which is unusual for me, I guess I have some Christmas spirit after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment